F5 Cloud Security Solutions
Web Application Security
How F5 Security Solutions Can Help
Protect apps and APIs across architectures, clouds, and third-party integrations to reduce risk and speed digital transformation. Increase application development velocity to improve time to market and reduce friction. Protect critical assets with the highest real-world security efficacy.
Web Application Security Use Cases
Protect User Credentials
Guard against the most common tactic used by hackers—credential-based attacks
Over 1.5 billion user credentials were exposed in 2020. Users can be partners or employees but are more often customers who have value in their accounts and loyalty to your brand. If the perceived value is high enough, motivated hackers will enter the adaptation stage of credential-based attacks to bypass your anti-automation defenses, leading to manual, human-driven fraud.
Mitigate Application Vulnerabilities
Defend against software and code-level vulnerabilities
Protecting your apps against existing and emerging OWASP Top 10 threats requires a defense-in-depth app protection strategy. F5 provides protection against code-level vulnerabilities, like injection or XSS attacks, as well as software vulnerabilities found in components of nearly all software stacks.
Mitigate Bots and Abuse
Remove unwanted automation that can lead to account takeover and fraud
Just as enterprises continue to adopt automation to gain process efficiencies, attackers have embraced automation – bots – leading to abuse, account takeovers, fraud, and damaged brands. F5 offers protection that adapts to attacker tactics, without friction, to ensure successful business outcomes.
Manage And Secure APIs
Solve for your modern API challenges
It can be challenging to protect exposed APIs as keeping inventory of all APIs can be a daunting task and most API gateways lack adequate security controls. F5 offers a flexible solution that protects your APIs with the same robust security as your web and mobile apps.
Integrate Security into CI/CD Pipelines
Capture the market and competitive advantage of modern application development
Application protection and intelligent traffic routing can be automatically provisioned through the same tools and processes driving your CI/CD pipeline. This way, your DevOps teams can leverage existing development and deployment pipelines, without slowing innovation or increasing company risk.
Prevent Account Takeover
Stop credential stuffing and other attacks that otherwise lead to compromise and fraud
Cyber criminals abuse login pages and API authentication to exploit people, process, and technology—disrupting commerce, customer experience, and your business.
Stop ATO and secure your business outcomes with security that blocks unwanted automation, stays effective and resilient in the face of attacker retooling, and ultimately stops fraud without introducing customer friction.
Apps rely on infrastructure, within data centers or on the public cloud. If infrastructure security is compromised, it will directly impact the app’s availability and performance. In this scenario, securing the network and critical protocols to keep your apps available and users protected becomes business-critical. Organizations need visibility and robust protection to combat attacks that traditional security solutions were not designed to defend against.
How F5 Network Security Solutions Can HelpF5 offers a suite of solutions to consolidate security controls while reducing complexity and scaling to meet demand. These solutions protect against attacks that hide in encryption, DDoS attacks of all types, and attacks against critical protocols such as DNS and TLS.
Network Security Use Cases
Gain visibility into encrypted traffic to stop hidden threats
SSL/TLS helps businesses securely communicate with customers and partners. But attackers use this to hide attacks and malware from security devices. Inspection devices like next-gen firewalls, IDS/IPS, and malware sandboxes are blind to encrypted SSL/TLS traffic or suffer degraded performance when decrypting.
Protect Against DDOS Attacks
Keep your applications secure and available
Businesses of all sizes run the risk of being hit with a DDoS attack. The common goal of these attacks is to make your application or network unavailable, but the attacks themselves can differ. F5 offers solutions to combat each type of attack in a deployment model that makes sense for your needs.
Protect Against DNS Attacks
Scale to handle millions of DNS queries to ensure top performance
Attacks against DNS, such as DNS hijacking and DNS DDoS attacks, can be devastating and take away web presence in an instant, which can frustrate users, make revenue generation unavailable, and damage brand reputation. The F5 DNS solution can protect this vital piece of infrastructure.
NGINX PlusIf You Like NGINX, You’ll Love NGINX Plus Modern app infrastructure and dev teams love NGINX Plus. More than just the fastest web server around, NGINX Plus brings you everything you love about NGINX Open Source, adding enterprise-grade features like high availability, active health checks, DNS system discovery, session persistence, and a RESTful API. NGINX Plus is a cloud-native, easy-to-use reverse proxy, load balancer, and API gateway. Whether you need to integrate advanced monitoring, strengthen security controls, or orchestrate Kubernetes containers, NGINX Plus delivers with the five-star support you expect from NGINX.
NGINX App Protect
Lightweight and Modern WAF
Today’s application landscape has changed dramatically. Modern apps are microservices that run in containers, communicate via APIs, and deploy via automated CI/CD pipelines.
DevOps teams need to integrate security controls authorized by the security team across distributed environments without slowing release velocity or performance. NGINX App Protect is a modern app-security solution that works seamlessly in DevOps environments as you deliver apps from code to customer.
Why Use NGINX App Protect?
Save Time with Seamless NGINX Integration
Looking to add a WAF and advanced application security quickly to your NGINX Plus instances?
NGINX App Protect:
- Enables seamless integration of strong security controls with NGINX Plus and NGINX Ingress Controller
- Outperforms other WAFs for improved user experience
- Reduces complexity and tool sprawl while delivering modern apps
Secure Apps with Rapid Threat Defense and Analytics
Want a WAF that’s lightweight but high-performance and designed for modern apps?
NGINX App Protect:
- Provides expanded security beyond basic signatures to ensure adequate controls
- Utilizes F5 app-security technology for efficacy superior to ModSecurity and other WAFs
- Builds on proven F5 expertise, so you can confidently run in “blocking” mode in production
- Offers high-confidence signatures for extremely low false positives
- Increases visibility, integrating with a third-party analytics solution
Make Security Agile with DevOps Integration
Need to automate security controls with Infrastructure-as-Code built into your CI/CD pipeline?
NGINX App Protect:
- Integrates security and WAF natively into the CI/CD pipeline
- Deploys as a lightweight software package that is agnostic of the underlying infrastructure
- Facilitates declarative policies for “security as code” and integration with DevOps tools
- Decreases developer burden and provides a feedback loop for quick security remediation
- Accelerates time to market and reduces costs with DevSecOps-automated security
NGINX Instance Manager
Track, Configure and Manage NGINX Open Source and NGINX Plus Instances
NGINX is the popular all-in-one software-based load balancer, API gateway, and reverse proxy that’s widely used by developers and DevOps teams. But many use cases can lead to many NGINX instances spread across your infrastructure, managed by different groups. How do you track all the instances and make sure they have up-to-date configuration and security settings?
That’s where NGINX Instance Manager comes in. NGINX Instance Manager empowers you to:
- Track all NGINX Open Source and NGINX Plus instances in the organization
- Configure and maintain NGINX instances with confidence using an intuitive interface
- Automate configuration and monitoring using APIs
- Ensure your fleet of NGINX web servers and proxies have fixes for active CVEs
- Seamlessly integrate with third-party monitoring solutions such as Prometheus and Grafana for insights
Why Use NGINX Instance Manager?
Track NGINX Instances and Ensure Security Compliance
NGINX Instance Manager quickly discovers all NGINX Open Source and NGINX Plus instances across your infrastructure. It highlights instances running software versions with potential exposure to CVEs, so you can upgrade them to a version with fixes.
Simplify NGINX Configuration Based on Best Practices
With NGINX Instance Manager you can:
- Discover configuration problems automatically and get suggested fixes
- Resolve issues and follow recommendations based on best practices
- Configure NGINX instances using a built-in editor
- Add and remove configuration include files
Monitor NGINX Instances with Your Favourite Third-Party Tools
Monitoring your NGINX instances with NGINX Instance Manager, you can:
- Forward operational metrics to widely used tools such as Grafana and Prometheus
- Use PromQL to define complex and unique graphs for your organization
- Leverage existing alerting mechanisms from Prometheus or Grafana for notifications about NGINX issues